Customers have relatively unrestricted control of their servers and web hosting, but there are limits to what we can allow on our end to maintain fairness to all and keep prices low.
Those Terms of Service are listed below. This list is subject to change, so renters should check it frequently. Any violation of the Terms of Service may result in the service being terminated depending on the severity.
General Terms and Conditions
Shadow Hosting will not be held responsible for any damages done to your business/e-business or loss in any sales. Shadow Hosting reserves the right not to provide service to anyone without giving any reason or explanation. In case of uncertainty about anything including but not limited to ToS, Shadow Hosting should be contacted before buying anything.
This section applies to all services offered by Shadow Hosting. The customer IS NOT/MAY NOT:
- Allowed to upload any copyrighted material or software(cracked software etc), to the server, without the permission of the owner.
- Allowed to upload and install any modifications which have a negative effect on the server performance.
- Allowed to upload files which have no connection to the functionality of the rented server.(Only VPS/VDS is allowed to be used for storing personal files.)
- Use the Shadow Hosting services for any abusive activities on the internet.
- Allowed to upload abusive, pornographic, offensive, illegal, or inappropriate content.
- Allowed to upload any controversial, racist, sexually explicit, erotic, extremist material.
- Allowed to upload anything which is not considered "safe".
We reserve the sole right to decide which content is inappropriate or deemed offensive and we reserve the right to terminate any active service which goes against our ToS.
VPS/VDS are limited in the following ways. Clients MAY NOT:
- Run any outgoing DDoS/attacks
- Anything that could affect the performance or other clients
- Host pornographic, excessively violent, or illegal materials
- Use pirated software
- Host tor exit nodes, fraud, phishing, gambling/lottery sites, botnets
- Generate unsolicited e-mail spam, malicious network scanning, bruteforce
- Torrent illegal content
- Mine cryptocurrency
- On non dedicated servers, you may not use 100% CPU for more than 30 minutes
- Use or run anything which Shadow Hosting deem inappropriate.
Web hosting accounts are limited in the following ways. These limitations are in place to restrict the ability for compromised websites to be exploited and for the web hosting to be used for tasks other than web hosting; clients can request exceptions from Shadow Hosting through firstname.lastname@example.org if they feel that they will exceed them through normal operation. Clients MAY NOT:
- Run any process on the server whose execution lasts 60 seconds or longer, apart from FastCGI, Ruby on Rails, and PHP-based scripts run through Apache, and included shells, file transfer utilities, and text editors run from the command line
- Run any process that uses more than 5 full minutes of "CPU time", regardless of how long it runs in "real time"
- Run more than 100 processes at once, per account
- Use more than a gigabyte of resident memory at a time, per account
- Be logged in via SSH or FTP more than 10 times at once, per account
- Display or distribute any pornographic, excessively violent, illegal materials or software(s).
- Have open more than 20 remote (non-local) connections to the MySQL server per remote IP address.
- Send any spam or phishing emails.
We reserve the right to terminate your account in case of violation of our ToS.
- The client is responsible for his/her own data. We are not responsible for any data, nor anything that could happen to the server. We are not required to provide any backup in case of data loss.
- Backup the data on a daily basis for all the servers as we are not bound to provide any data backup.
- We will not be held responsible for the loss of data in case of any failure including but not limited to hard disk failure or system failure in general.
- Customers can use the "backup feature" in the customer panel to back up their data to another server via FTP but we don\'t provide any kind of data integrity.
- If a customer contacts Shadow Hosting through an email to email@example.com or via the ticket system page in the control panel within 24 hours of a subscription payment which was made automatically two weeks or more after its subscription was created, Shadow Hosting will issue a full refund of that payment and shut down the service.
- In all other cases, Shadow Hosting does not offer refunds unless Shadow Hosting cancels a service forcibly (against a renter’s wishes).
- In case of any chargebacks, Shadow Hosting reserves the right to terminate the client\'s server without any notice and may not provide any refund for that service and may not allow the client to use any other Shadow Hosting service depending on the severity. Shadow Hosting can also refuse to provide any services in future to the client for fraud prevention.
- Funds are not refundable
- Payments made via cryptocurrency may not be refunded back to the wallet, but will be refunded as credits in client's billing account.